What to do to avoid panic attack on a plane?

have pannik attacks, they stopped now that i now there is nothing wrong with my heart due to exams, i am flying in 24 hours time and am affraid i will have pannik attack on plane, i havent had one since i got my results for my echocardiogram.
any pain in my chest make sme feel like its my heart and i start panicking, but usually its my back that is in pain and feels like its my chest. i get gas, or trapped wind as well. how many diazepam 5mg pills should i take if i start getting panik on the plane, thanks
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Follow-up: What to do to avoid panic attack on a plane? 7 minutes later
i have a bit of a fattly liver, due to being a bit over weight, i lost 6 kilos ever since , but i still have it. im still dieting, but im scared
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
To avoid having a panic attack while flying, you can prophylactically take antacids and a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole two hours before your flight is due to avoid any acidity or flatulence symptoms.
You can start taking a bland diet low in oils and spices one day before the flight. Also have a good night's sleep prior to the journey.
You can take some mild pain killers like acetaminophen with you in case you get some back pain. Taking diazepam will help but taking an antianxiety like alprazolam will be a better option. If the need arises, you can take upto 10mg of diazepam orally to avoid these panic attacks. Listening to music also helps to reduce the apprehension of having an attack to a large extent.
Even if you attain an ideal weight, the time taken for the fatty changes to reverse is at least 8-10 weeks.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.