What supplements can I take to help me stop masturbation?

What supplements I can take to aid me to stop masturbate? I'm 35 years of age right now, and I masturbated since I was 12 years old. I still cannot quit masturbate right now. I need to take supplements to "aid" me stop masturbate. I know supplements can actually aid me to stop masturbate, but I just don't know which ones to take.

I already saw an urologist referred by my medical doctor, and that urologist told me that there's no medicine that can help stop masturbate. But, I told him that I understand, but I want to take something to "aid" me to stop masturbate. I asked him if that I can take something to stop masturbate, and he's not willing to give me anything. He keep refer me to my psychiatrist to have my psychiatrist help me.

I already consulted with my psychiatrist for many months for more than half a year. My psychiatrist told me that if I don't want to take new psychiatrist medicine to help me stop masturbate, then he said that I should see medical doctor to have the medical doctor give me medical medicine to help me stop masturbate. The psychiatrist said if I don't like psychiatrist medicine to help me do that, then see medical doctor for medical medicine to help me do that.

I do not like and I do not need to take new psychiatric medicine to help me stop mastrubate because it's not good for me and I just don't need it! My psychiatrist already told me to see medical doctor to have him/her give medical medicine to help me stop masturbate, and that's what I want to choose and do.

I know that supplements can in fact "aid" me to stop masturbate, but I just don't know which ones to take. I want to take supplements to "aid" me to stop masturbate. Please help.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 27 hours later

I see that you have posted your query to an expert and as the urologist haven't replied to you for a while (which is a rare occurrence on this site), let me take this opportunity to answer on their behalf.

Masturbation is considered as a normal behaviour by all medical doctors. That includes me. It doesn't harm until the 'feeling of guilt' overwhelms. So medical science has not discovered any drugs / supplements to stop this habit.
Yes, there are a few drugs such as naltrexone and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors that have been tried in people with compulsive masturbation. Anecdotal studies have revealed they help especially if there are co-existing depressive thoughts and other obsessive-compulsive thoughts.

This type of treatment is best done with the help of a competent psychiatrist and not an urologist / general physician. If you are depressed with guilt and your daily activities are affected due to compulsive masturbation, he/she should be able to prescribe you one of the aforementioned drugs. Apart from these drugs, I can assure you that there are no other supplements.

Hope I answered your query. I will be glad to discuss if you do have more queries or heard / read about any other supplements claiming to help you.