What should be the range of normal blood pressure?

Psychiatrist
Question
I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION FOR DR, WHAT IS THE NORMAL BLOOD PRESSURE SUPPOSED TO B.. WHAT IS THE NORMAL. ALSO HOW FAST OR HIGH DOES YOUR HEARTRATE HAVE TO BE FOR YOU TO HAVE SVT OR BE IN SVT. THANK YOU
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Details given Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. To be in the normal range, your blood pressure should be below 120/80 mmHg. Any value more than this is supposed to be abnormal and needs to be taken care of. Your heart rate should be in the range of 60-80 beats per minute. Anything above 80 caused by extra beats from the atria may be SVT and can be diagnosed on ECG. It has to be differentiated from other caues of tachycardia. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: What should be the range of normal blood pressure? 10 hours later
I AM SURPRISED TO HEAR THAT ANYTHING above 80 heart rate can be svt. i thought anything above 100. if my blood pressure is on average 127/80 is that anything to be concerned about?

Brief Answer: No concern Detailed Answer: Hello At your age of 55 years, a blood pressure of 127 /80 should be considered fine and nothing to worry about. Hope that helps... Regards. Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD