What should be done to cure ecurred hernia after surgery?

My husband had his groin hernia repaired yesterday. Well this morning he coughed pretty hard and now his left ball (sorry) is now filled back up like it was before he had his surgery. Should I take him to the ER? I can't call The clinic because it closed today for thanksgiving. Or can we wait till tomorrow (friday) when his doctor will be in the office?
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 13 hours later
Brief Answer: You can wait--- Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. It is unfortunate to know the crisis you are in. The worst part is that it could have recurred due to the mesh and the sutures given way. But, that is not a disaster as the A and E doctors are unlikely to do any surgical intervention because it is not life threatening. So it is not XXXXXXX to wait and see your specialist. Meanwhile, as a home remedy, let him use scrotal support in the form of a tight fitting underwear. Hope i have helped you, Truly, Dr Srinivasan G