What should be done for swelling in vagina?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I inserted a phenergan tablet in my vagina. I know it was stupid but now my vagina seemed to have protruded outward. It's looks swollen or like cyst.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Localised reaction, not serious. Detailed Answer: Hi, This would not be the recommended route for phenergan. You are experiencing a localised reaction to the tablet of swelling. It will subside, probably in a few hours. you need not take any specific action and you do not need to go to the ER. If you feel an irritation, then a cool pack to the area may help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA
Follow-up: What should be done for swelling in vagina? 5 hours later
Thank you so much for responding. I know it was less then smart to think I could insert phenergan pills into my vagina. I wasn't thinking, I just got tired of taking it by mouth and before it could get into my system I would vomit. I will never try that again. I'm so embarrassed. Again, thank you and have a blessed night.
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you. If you have no further questions, you may close this query. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger