What should be done for side effects caused by interaction of zanaflex and atenolol?
User rating for this question
Hi, female, 45 yo, taking 25 mg atenolol 1x per day in the am for high blood pressure. Just took a 4 mg zanaflex for back pain, as I was out of ibuprofen. Kicking myself now because I see serious interactions. It is 14 hrs since taking the atenolol. Tried to throw it up to no avail. Do I need to go to the era to get this out of my gut?
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is no cause for concern Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms Pbiron Zanaflex which is Tizanidine a skeletal muscle relaxant does have synergistic action along with atenolol given with it in lowering blood pressure further. A single intake of the concomitant use of drug is acceptable and there is no cause of concern. It's already been 14 hours and the drugs would have already been absorbed into circulation and there will hardly be any drug in the gut. So there is no way you can get rid of it. I would reassure you again that there is no cause for concern. A good sleep and lying supine will avoid causing hypotension. Do maintain good intake of fluids. Rest be assured everything is alright. I hope it helped In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD
People also viewed
- What could be the probable side effects of atenolol
- Reactions to ecstasy skin
- White patches from eczema
- Zanaflex tizanidine side effects
- Side effects of zanaflex
- Bppv and heart issues
- Can left maxillary cyst cause bradycardia
- Bradycardia cause coughing spells
- High bpracing heart lightheadedblurry vision
- Headaches on sugar pills levlen ed
- Gerd esophageal spasms and urticaria edema
- How high can whitecoat raise bpp
- Taking levlen ed to stop periods
- Atenolol side effects urinating
- What are the side effects of atenolol and chlorthalidone?