What should be done for post-menopausal bleeding?
User rating for this question
i have noticed slight brown stringy blood from vaginal wipe during toileting today. first since 8 yrs ago. i am 50. i am 103 kilos and 5,4 ....i am taking kiliovance for hrt. what is the immediacy and nature of my medical condition?
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: Based on the time period since your last cycle, this should be treated as an episode of post-menopausal bleeding. It requires a thorough evaluation to rule out pre-cancerous changes of the uterus: 1. An exam with an OB/GYN 2. An endometrial / uterine biopsy should be obtained 3. An ultrasound of the uterus should be ordered This is very important to sort out, especially if you are planning to continue hormone replacement therapy safely. I hope that this helps and good luck!
Follow-up: What should be done for post-menopausal bleeding? 13 minutes later
yes I thought as much. Can a GP help or will they just refer me? can i wait until thursday for a consult. ??
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for the followup... Detailed Answer: I think that the most efficient way to sort all of this out is a with a consult with an OB/GYN. If they are willing to do this without seeing you, then great. And yes, this can wait for a week or so, but try to get it sorted out within a month. Good luck.
People also viewed
- What should be done for post-menopausal bleeding
- Healing after ablation on the vulva
- Yeast infections after ablation
- Kenalog and post menopausal bleeding
- Uterine ablation and gas indigstion
- Symptoms of aggressive tumor
- What does post menopausal bleeding mean
- What should be the normal bleeding in post delivery
- Symptoms of liver neoplasm
- Dizzy after uterus ableviation
- Symptoms of allergic pneumonitis
- What causes vaginal bleeding post menopause
- Constipation after endometrial ablation
- Symptoms of egg protein allergy
- Symptoms of eyelid myokymia