What should be done for high TSH level?
User rating for this question
Dear Doctor, Enclosed is my report took on August 2013, please advise me . Dear Doctor, I am 35 years old woman.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well going through your report your T3 and T4 are within normal limits but your TSH level is slightly raised for your age group . You need not worry about that I will advise you to get it repeated after 1 month . It is a case of subclinical hypothyroidism but the treatment is not recommended till TSH level > 10 . So , there is nothing to be taken prompt action about . Since your levels are just above normal I am asking you to get it repeated . Next time get Free T3 and Free T4 levels done , they have greater specificity rather than total levels . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: What should be done for high TSH level? 9 hours later
Dear Doctor, Thank for your response, Is there any diet constraint, if so, how should I do? what food / vegetables / fruits should I eat and what not.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, There is no such diet constraint for you in this condition . You can eat whatever you like . Dr. Shruti
People also viewed
- Hemorage supplement side effects
- What causes high tsh level
- What are the side effects of amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide, and valsartan?
- What changes should i make for high tsh level
- Does lipo6 hers effects period regularity
- Long term effects of kalms herbal
- Is red skin lesions, often with a purple center a side effect of cefotaxime?
- What should tsh levels be
- Hepexa m tablet side effects
- Is trembling or shaking of the hands or feet a side effect of gammar-p i.v.?
- What should be done for high tsh level
- Hemo rage side effects
- Is increased menstrual flow or vaginal bleeding a side effect of ceftriaxone?
- Is sores, ulcers, or white spots in mouth or on lips a side effect of advil?
- What should be thyronorm dose for tsh level 1258