What should be done for high TSH level?
User rating for this question
Dear Doctor, Enclosed is my report took on August 2013, please advise me . Dear Doctor, I am 35 years old woman.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well going through your report your T3 and T4 are within normal limits but your TSH level is slightly raised for your age group . You need not worry about that I will advise you to get it repeated after 1 month . It is a case of subclinical hypothyroidism but the treatment is not recommended till TSH level > 10 . So , there is nothing to be taken prompt action about . Since your levels are just above normal I am asking you to get it repeated . Next time get Free T3 and Free T4 levels done , they have greater specificity rather than total levels . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: What should be done for high TSH level? 9 hours later
Dear Doctor, Thank for your response, Is there any diet constraint, if so, how should I do? what food / vegetables / fruits should I eat and what not.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, There is no such diet constraint for you in this condition . You can eat whatever you like . Dr. Shruti
People also viewed
- White stool after chemo and radiation
- Taking silica after chemotherapy
- What causes high tsh level
- What changes should i make for high tsh level
- What should tsh levels be
- Remove metallic taste after chemo
- What should be done for high tsh level
- Is dark urine a side effect of lorazepam?
- What are the side effects of macrodantin?
- How soon after chemo does radiation start
- Is drowsiness a side effect of meperitab?
- Chest pain after chemotherapy
- What are the side effects of menotropins?
- Is constipation a side effect of maxzide?
- What should be thyronorm dose for tsh level 1258