What should I do to get six pack abs?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I am 42 year old guy ..i wanna to have six pack abs what should i do..am active ,keep exercise ,diet in gud manner still am not getting my abs
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Weight

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take balance diet do exercise once a day only. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You must take balance diet. Take protein shake along with. Abdominal muscles take more time than biceps etc. so do not take tension regarding this. Do once a day isometric abdominal exercise. You must do jogging. Avoid fatty diet. Do change in your exercise every 3 weeks. As the time passes your abdominal muscles get toned up. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask any health related queries. Thanks. Dr.Singh

Follow-up: What should I do to get six pack abs? 3 hours later
I am taking whey protein and eat really gud diet but still not get desired results....but taking whey protein is ok or in long term it will have side effect

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Excess of every thing is bad. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query again. Whey protein is good for you, but one thing you must know that, excess of everything is bad. Whey protein has long term side effects like Lactose Intolerance, Intestinal Irritation, Kidney Stones and Kidney Failure, Ketosis. So you should take balance diet. Abdominal muscles take more time than biceps etc. so do not take tension regarding this. Do once a day isometric abdominal exercise. You must do jogging. Avoid fatty diet. Do change in your exercise every 3 weeks.As the time passes your abdominal muscles get toned up. Do not see pictures of celebrities to compare your abdominal muscles, most of them have surgeries and silicon implants fixed in their abdominal muscles etc. You should do isometric exercises and take balanced diet. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask any health related query. Thanks. Dr.Singh.

Follow-up: What should I do to get six pack abs? 11 hours later
Thx a XXXXXXX doc..but it is so confusing i have been to known diet consultant ..she told me to have whey its gud fir muscle mass ..and no side effect....is there is any sge related constrain too ..as am very active guy..some time only drink red wine only....i dont know ..what to follow...thats why thought to ask

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: please don't get confused. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for query again. My friend, please don't get confused. You can take whey protein but not in excess. Whey protein must be titrated according to age. It is good that you are health conscious guy. Do your abdominal exercises daily and take balanced diet. You can take whey protein. Whey protein should not be taken in excess and for prolong time, this means simply stop it after 2-3 months. Then again start it after 2 month interval. By this way you can manage it by discussing it with your health guide. I hope you have get your answer. Thanks. Dr.Singh.