What should I do to get relief from itchy vagina?

hi doc this is XXXXXX i have a problem my vagina is itchy and had dandruff outside can you help me to solve this problem im sufferring this for 2 months and i dont know what to do pls help me im afraid..
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
You probably have a yeast infection also known as candidiasis. You will need oral and topical antibiotics to treat the infection.You should see your doctor for examination and a prescription. Try to avoid intercourse until the infection is cleared.
Follow-up: What should I do to get relief from itchy vagina? 5 minutes later
what do you mean by candidiasis doc.?do you think this is normal for a women like me.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
Its a type of fungal infection.Its very common in women in seen widely all around the world. Hygiene is main causative factor.Repeated infections may be seen in diabetics.So you should get your blood sugar checked also.Apart from that,antibiotics will provide adequate infection.Typical signs are itching, curdy white discahrge, inflammation. Avoid intercourse till infection clears. Maintain good hygiene. It can be associated with vaginitis also which is caused due to an imbalance in the normal vaginal flora.Symptoms are similar.Treatment is the same.
Follow-up: What should I do to get relief from itchy vagina? 12 minutes later
it is possible that this happen because i work in housekeeping in a and hotel and alot of guest room that i clean every day? and why in my vigina?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
It usually occurs due to mad hygiene or even sharing towels etc.Buts its very treatable. The vagina is a common site due to the mucous membrane being susceptible. You need to keep clean and take the medication. Im sure your job isnt the problem here.