What should I do for weight loss?

Ayurveda Specialist
I would like to lose weight from 86kg to 75 kg.Please let me know the steps involved
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Basically, there are two ways to lose weight. First is to have less calories as intake and other is to burn more calories by exercise than you take by your diet. In practice, combination of the two brings better results. This means you will have to restrict to your diet to meals and only meals and nothing but meals. Avoid sweets, cold drinks, junk food and fried food. This will lower your intake of calories. Now add brisk walk or running or skipping rope to your daily routine and you can get results without medicines.

Second option is you can choose vegetables that consume more energy to get digested than they release after being digested. Broccolli is amongst these vegetables.

Lauki juice with black pepper in it taken empty stomach helps to lower weight. Lemon and honey juice in hot water taken empty stomach also supports lowering of weight.

You must keep your bowel clean , when ever feel constipated must have laxative.

There are medicines which reduce your appetite , but I do not recommend this mode. Amongst medicines there is a compound medhohar guggul which is recommended twice a day and trifla at bed time..

Combination of these factors bring results faster.

Wish you a healthy and happy life.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Follow-up: What should I do for weight loss? 23 minutes later
Respected Sir,

Thanks for responding back.Due to extra weight & hypertension i have a bit high blood pressure 140/84 .I am trying the best to lose weight and taking XXXXXXX bati ayurvedic medicine 1 over morning and another over night .Can you please let me know how can i reduce weight and control hyper tension although i did not carry much stress .Please let me know in detail about the diet chart .Can i do all the exercise at the Gym?Is it will affect the blood pressure?I am doing walk every morning for 3kms ...also taking grape juice and coconut water weight is 86kg and my height is 5.8inch.Please help me in detail to lose weight & stay healthy and keep the blood pressure normal.Can i go for weight loss package at ayurvedic centre at Bangalore?please let me know over 0000.
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 16 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

Hypertension is categorized in three grades mild, moderate and severe hypertension. In your case, it is mild and this can be managed with low salt and low fat intake and XXXXXXX vati.

Your routine for weight loss is fine, brisk walk is the best exercise; light exercises at gym are permitted.

Medhohar guggul and trifla are the medicines of choice that restore normalcy.

Yes, you can avail of the weight loss package at Bangalore. This will help you to achieve goal in best possible way.

Here we assess the XXXXXXX of the person and state of vaat pit and kaph and then make proper schedule to hit the target.

Wish you a healthy and happy life.

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Follow-up: What should I do for weight loss? 44 minutes later
Respected Sir,

Thanks for writing back to me.I would like to know how much exercise i can do at the fitness centre although i will not be doing the Threadmill exercise but they advised to do the cardio exercise along with streching exercise for 40minutes everyday excluding weekends .Is it good for me?How long should i continue with this?shall i continue with Muktavati medicines ?How long i would need to continue the same?I am taking lime with mild warm water everyday in the morning and taking grape juice ,coconut water & water melon over every day.My work hours almost 8-9 hours everyday excluding weekends .I work as software engg at Bangalore since lst 5years .How can i maintain my health?Can you let me know a routine life style if at all possible.i am taking 2 meals and 1 breakfast and 3 pic biscuit over evening .Please communicate back
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 7 hours later
Welcome dear,

I will elaborate on my view to help you to get desired. Well my first issue is do not link your hypertension to your excess weight only. There are many factors which increase hypertension, it can be without any known reason also. The grade of hypertension you are having is not alarming. Hardening of the arteries due to cholestrol deposits is a major factor to increase hypertension. That is why fats are advised to be avoided.Stress free life style with llittle or no fats and low sodium content helps to regulate hypertension within normal limits. In ayurveda we offer shirodhara and body massage to achieve this target.
Brisk morning walk is good enough to burn calories and check weight with addition of advised medicines. Exercise at Gym can raise BP transiently that is why only light exercises are recommended.
keeping bowel clean is essential part of treatment.
To loose weight in ayurveda panch karma there is a procedure called udvartan where dry massage with medicated powders is done.
Yes Bangalore ayurvedic experts can offer you all this in one package.
wish you a long healthy and happy life.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul