What result on my blood test made my doctor to order Hep A, B and C panel for me?

Gastroenterologist
Question
MY DOCTOR HAS ORDERD A ULTRASOUND OF MY ABDOMEN IN APRIL...MY AST IS DOWN TO 47 FROM 54 IN OVEMBER MY ALT IS DOWN TO 59 FROM 79 IN NOVEMBER..IF MY RESULTS ARE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION DOWN WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS TEST IT SEEMS LIKE A WASTE OF MONEY TO ME PLEASE HELP WHAT RESULT ON MY BLOOD TEST WOULD HAVE MY DOCTPOR ODER A HEPATITIS A B AND C PANEL FOR ME IN APRIL...I FEEL FINE WITH NO SIGNS OF FATIQUE OR WEAKNESS..I RUN 2 MILES EVERDAY
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Please provide the tests you did in November... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query carefully and understood your concerns. You have your own right to care both of your health and pocket at the same time. When it comes to my patients, I always try to get them helped with minimal costs. However, sometimes, I am constrained to refer a high cost test for the sake of getting the right diagnosis of my patient and to start the right treatment as soon as possible. With regards to your concern, I'd like to know what tests did doctors prescribed to do in November and what he/she suggested for the next follow up. Depending on the tests you ran and related results, I'd can assist you further and give a second opinion for the next follow up. Looking forward to have the requested tests in! Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: What result on my blood test made my doctor to order Hep A, B and C panel for me? 15 minutes later
no other tests were done..blood test In November and february 2014 here are the blood tests I took in November 2013 and February 2014 ...do these levels of ast and alt which are coming down warrant a ultrasound...why does my doctor want me to take another blood test for hepatitis did my blood tests in nov 2013 and feb 2014 show up I downloaded to you around 2 pm did you receive my blood tests downloaded to you as requested as you can see in my blood test I downloaded my ast came down to 47 from 54 and ast came down from 79 to 59...from test in November 2013 to test in feb 2014...why is my doctor ordering another blood test for hepatitis and an ultrasound of my abdomen uploaded results of blood tests in nov 2013 and feb 2014 please help..why did my dr order hepatitis blood test and ultrasound of abdomen in april 2014

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 days later
Brief Answer: For now,it is a must to rule out hepatitis B or C Detailed Answer: Hi back, I have gone through your blood test results carefully and understood your concerns. What I noticed in your blood test results was high TA as you are mentioning, together with high triglycerides and LDL cholesterol, and high uric acid levels. Altogether they can contribute to changes in your liver (fatty liver), which is expressed with high TA. At the beginning, there was given instructions to change your lifestyle and diet regimen with no specific drug to use in order to improve blood test results. After 2 months of such changes, the TA levels were still high, reconsidering your background. In other words, although TA were reduced, such reduction was not significant, and other diagnosis such as Hepatitis B and C should be ruled out as soon as possible. I understand the tests are expensive for your pocket, that's why your doctor has waited for 2 months of changes. At this point, if I was your caring doctor would also ask to get those tests done to determine/exclude viral infection as a cause. If the tests will be normal, then, what you are experiencing is due to fatty liver alone. Hope it answered to your query! Dr.Klerida