What might be the cause for sharp pain near diaphragm when move positions?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I have been having brief sharp pain located on the right side of my diaphragm around the middle when I move positions (not always has happened about four times today right after the pain subsides usually lasts only a few seconds if I touch that specific area I can almosy recreate the pain but briefly then its fine. I have no other symptoms and have just had a physical one week ago my blood tests were fine. I have been having sore ribs on both sides lately doctor checked abdomen said it was fine. Should I be overly concerned could this be muscular
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Likely to be due to a muscular pain Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. The pains that you have described are likely to be due to a muscular pain most likely caused by a wrong body posture. Do not worry, you can do a hot fomentation and apply a local analgesic gel on the area to relieve the spasm. Regular stretching exercise will be helpful. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care

Follow-up: What might be the cause for sharp pain near diaphragm when move positions? 7 minutes later
So you do not feel that it is serious only concerned because at times feels as though it is close to my middle upper abdomen

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 15 hours later
Brief Answer: I do not feel that it is something serious. Detailed Answer: Hi, As on examination abdomen is fine and blood tests are normal, I do not feel that it is something serious. It seems to be due to muscle spasm only. Hope this will help you. Warm Regards.