What medicine should I take for enlarged lymph node behind neck after scalp micro pigmentation treatment?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, I've just had a scalp micropigmentation treatment done which basically looks like a hair ffollicles tattoo on ny head, and following the two sessions of 'pigmentation'/ tattooing I have noticed that my lymph node behind my left ear is substantially enlarged. I'm worried. Could it be that my immune system is fighting the intrusion ? Also, what medicine should I take to help my system recover. Thanks for a quick reply.
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Tattoo pigments are injested by white blood cells and hence the lymph nodes get inflamed. Please take some anti inflammatory medication for a week. You will get response with that. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you.

Follow-up: What medicine should I take for enlarged lymph node behind neck after scalp micro pigmentation treatment? 10 hours later
hi Dr XXXXXXX thank you for your reply. I was worried because the lymph node behind my ear is substantially larger following my second tattooing session in that area last Saturday, but I'm taking ibuprofen + codeine and hopefully this will get rid of the inflammation. I also wanted to ask you whether alcohol consumption may have a negative effect on the lymphatic system. it's Christmas now and I'll most probably have a drink here and there. And finally, I was also reading up on lymphedema. Could the head tattoo (scalp micropigmentation) trigger this sort of illness? many thanks

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Actually tattooing is harmful as you are introducing foreign pigments in body. You are correct it can cause lymphatic block and hence lymphedema. You are taking a good anti inflammatory now and I hope this resolves. Don't worry about alcohol. You can take it, there won't be any effect on lymph node. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you