What is wrong with me if I have flaky white discharge?

I have flaky white discharge that itches very badly. Also it makes me feel like I have to urinate. What is wrong with me? During sex large amounts of this white discharge comes out even before I began to have the itching. I am worried what can I do to make it go away?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 13 minutes later

It appears that you have developed candida infection of the vagina. It is characterized by whitish discharge with itching.

You may try Over the counter creams / Vaginal tablets like VAGISTAT for first two days.

You should get your self evaluated from a gynaecologist. It is treatable.
Usually treatment involves single dose Fluconazole Tablets. Your doctor can only prescribe this. Vaginal Ointment will also be recommended.

It will take about 4 - 5 days for it go away with right treatment. Meantime use dry and cotton inner wear, avoid sexual activity till the discharge stops.

Hope this answers your query. Please get back if you need any further information.

Thanks and Regards