What is this painful inflamed spot on my foot?

I have this painful inflamed spot ony foot and im not sure what it could be from. It never blistered, so im confused as to what it is! Its red inflamed and has been there for about a week!
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is a bite Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for the picture and query. It looks like a bite from mosquito or tick. IF it is enlarging it is most probably erythema migrans by tick bite. Do you live in Lyme disease endemic area or went on hiking recently? Please see a local doctor for prophylaxis against Lyme disease. If not just observe for other symptoms like muscle pain, eye pain, undue fatigue. If you have them in next two weeks please see a local doctor. If you are not allergic to Aspriin you can apply DISPRIN Paste on it. It would subside. Thank you.