What is this painful inflamed spot on my foot?
User rating for this question
I have this painful inflamed spot ony foot and im not sure what it could be from. It never blistered, so im confused as to what it is! Its red inflamed and has been there for about a week!
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is a bite Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for the picture and query. It looks like a bite from mosquito or tick. IF it is enlarging it is most probably erythema migrans by tick bite. Do you live in Lyme disease endemic area or went on hiking recently? Please see a local doctor for prophylaxis against Lyme disease. If not just observe for other symptoms like muscle pain, eye pain, undue fatigue. If you have them in next two weeks please see a local doctor. If you are not allergic to Aspriin you can apply DISPRIN Paste on it. It would subside. Thank you.
People also viewed
- What does ph mean in my urine test
- What does it mean when you have butterfly flutters in left side of chest
- What does it mean when silver sulfadiazine cream turns brown
- Itchy bumps around fingernail
- Foot pain black spot
- Bump under skin on fingertip
- What is this painful inflamed spot on my foot
- Black spot on foot no pain
- Little bumps filled with water
- Veesing means
- Bump in pubic region flaked over
- Painful white spot on foot
- Water filled bumps on shaft ofpenis
- What if your labia minora has dry spots
- Painful dark spot on foot