What is the treatment for tremors on hands and lips?

I am XXXXXXX XXXX, for the past 5 or 6 months i have been feeling tremors on my hands espcially but also on my arms lips . Please helpme!
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 4 hours later
Brief Answer: See the detail answer Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX To control tremor, we should try to find out the cause of tremors. Though in many cases, we do not find the cause. Sometimes it run in families also. First you can observe for some trigger factors, like your stress, emotional insecurity, excessive use of caffeine or Alcohol intake, or withdrawal of Alcohol, low blood sugar levels, drug interactions etc, which can be underlying cause for the tremor. You must see the doctor, who will do your neurological examination, will advise blood test, specially for Thyroid function test, Blood sugar, Electrolyte, Calcium levels etc to find the cause. Your Doctor may refer you for CT scan or MRI of brain, or EMG depending on his or her clinical diagnosis. In majority of cases, just psychological counseling, physical exercises, avoidance of some stimulant in diet, and Beta blockers, help in alleviating the tremor. In few cases only, patient has to go for other investigations, and treatment accordingly. So start with the most common, and easily controllable cause first. Just keep patience, be strong, keep yourself physically and mentally active. If it does not help then you may see the Doctor. It is not a life threatening condition. best wishes Dr H Hamdani