What is the treatment for swollen,itchy,burning,inflamed,baggy eyelids?

Two years ago I had swollen, itching, burning, inflamed, baggy, eyelids it was assumed that I had gotten into some pion ivy. For the last 6 months I have been dealing with the issue again but it is worse. I began staying out of the forest. The symptoms have come and gone I thought it might have been a seasonal allergy but summer and fall have past. Then I considered an allergy from my garden which I worked daily until October. I quiet for the winter to see if there would be any relief (no help their). Then gave up my once a week pipe smoking, once a week glass of wine and any foods I suspected (no help). I searched for molds (found none) about the only thing I have not given up is clean water and air. Lately it comes and never quiet heals then returns with increased vigor. Now my eyelids, face, lips, mouth, behind my ears, and forehead also burn, and itch. I was prescribed a triamicinolone acetonide cream 0.1% two years ago, it seemed to work for a while but I didn't like putting it on my eyelids because it made my vision blurry for a time. Now the only thing that relieves the burning and itching is Aloe with lidocaine sunburn gel the Equate brand from Walmart. If I don't put it on before bed I scratch my face all night. A week ago I thought I had conquered this skin condition thing, but two days ago I caught the flu. I have never been sick other than a cold for at least twenty years I am 60 now. Yesterday, my temperature was 101.8 and this morning my skin condition has returned with a vengeance like I have never had. I have never missed a day of work ever. So because I took my first sick day, today I have time to check into this. This is driving me crazy and I need a cure not a quick band aide. What is going on and how do you and I fix it?
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Allergy Detailed Answer: My Dear, Thanks for sending your query to us. What you have is a strong allergic response to some unknown allergen. The problem is to be attacked with vengeance. The strtegy is to apply local moisturising agents and oral anti allergic tablets. As you have been having this problem for a long time a shot at allergy testing is also considered in such cases if you have any such fecilities around your place. As a last resort a shot at alternative medicine can also be tried. Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.