What is the treatment for swelling near belly button?

I have a distention or swell in for bulge at/ below and right above my belly button. I am pretty fit and eat right. no matter what I do it will not go away and is very annoying. It seems to get bigger as my day progresses. i have taken many things out of my diet to see if that helps and it really does not.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly provide the requested data of yours.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and looked at your photo carefully. Before running into conclusions, I'd like to know the reason you had a hysterectomy on 2012? Furthermore, can you please report if you are facing any other problem recently? The bulge seen above your belly button although you keep fit could be related to: - possible lipoma (fatty tissue mass) - intestinal problems (especially if you are facing difficulty in passing your stool recently) Further tests are needed to determine the right cause including: - abdominal/transvaginal ultrasound - urine analysis - vaginal swab testing - some blood work Looking forward to kindly have the requested data! Thank you! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What is the treatment for swelling near belly button? 42 minutes later
I had the hysterectomy because I had fibroids and endometriosis. During that time I also had some GI issues. I was gassy, bloated and having a was not going to the bathroom. I had many tests includingcat CAT Scan(which showed I was full of fecal matter) endoscopy, colonoscopy, fecal test to check for parisites and enzymes, barium test and a breath test. Since I was full of fecal matter the Dr told me to take Miralax, which did nothing. All the other tests came out fine, except for the breath test, in which I had a build up of Bacteria. I took Flagel(sp) and it cleared up most of the gas issue , but the bloated stomach was still there. The Dr thought I had IBS. Stopped eating many foods, a lot of them i already did not eat, nothing helped. Ended up going to my GYN and we found out I ad Fibroids and endometreosis.. I had surgery on July 12, 2012. After the surgery, I began having normal bowel movements. Stomach was and is not as bloated, it used to look like I was 6 monthes pregnant, but I still feel a bloating. As I said, it gets worse as the day progresses. It does not seem to matter what I eat or how much and it is a rarely flat. I find I don't go to the bathroom if I dont eat enough.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Following suggestions for bloated stomach... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. Your current stomach looks bloated but it is not worrisome. Sometimes, after surgery, there will appear adherences in between the internal organs of the abdomen. Therefore, I suggest to do an abdominal ultrasound for further evaluation. They are not worrisome too. In addition, having difficulties in passing your stool could be related to : - your diet (not enough in fiber and not enough water) - candida/parasitic infection of the intestines - IBS I suggest to keep the healthy diet, run fecal culture for candida and examination of stool for ova/parasites. At the end, further evaluation by your OG and GI specialists are needed to come to a final conclusion. Thank you! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What is the treatment for swelling near belly button? 30 minutes later
Hello- As regards to my diet, if I have too much fiber, it backs me up. Apples, prunes, dates, chi seed, flax seed are troublesome to my stomach. my diet consists of proteins(eggs,some red meat, chicken, and fish), vegetables, sweet potatoes,quinoa and some berries. and a drink 60-80oz. of water a day. I have also given up everything in the categories above that can cause IBS to flare up. Broccoli, cauliflower, onions, garlic, no milk products, apples, pears, etc. I will look into the test you suggested. i have had fecal cultures in the past for parasites and candida. Thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Advised to drink more water&exercise.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I am glad to know that you are following a healthy diet to minimize the bloating you experience. Do not forget to drink plenty of clean water and do more physical activity! Looking forward to have the results of the requested tests in! Thank you! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What is the treatment for swelling near belly button? 55 minutes later
Will set up tests ASAP! Physical Activity- I weight train 5 days and week Cardio 4 Days a week and yoga 2 times a week. In my gym everyday! :-)
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It's great you are keeping fit and active... Detailed Answer: Hi again XXXXXXX Thank you following up. It is great that you are so physically active. That will help your bowel movements greatly. However, to determine if there are changes in your intestinal flora, the above-mentioned tests are highly recommended together with an abdominal ultrasound. Hope you will keep as fit as you are doing now! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What is the treatment for swelling near belly button? 2 hours later
Thank you! I will great the test and ultra sound. I plan on keeping fit! I have been working out since I was 14.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 21 hours later
Brief Answer: It's great to know you are keeping fit.... Detailed Answer: Hi dear XXXXXXX That's great to be working out since being young. I wish you'd keep fit always! Dr.Klerida