What is the treatment for strep throat?

I have been exposed to strep thoat and now running a fever. my physician is out of town can you prescribe something for me
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, If you have been diagnosed with strep throat, then, the antibiotics mostly prescribed include amoxycillin/clavulonate or azythromycin for 5 days to up to 10 days. I'd also suggest to: - do throat gargle with water and salt - take 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey early in the morning - use oral antiseptics (as candies or spray) - drink lots of water - take acetaminophen All the best! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!