What is the treatment for skin problem while taking Levothyroxin?
User rating for this question
Ever since I was prescribed Levothyroxin (August 1213) I have developed an extremely un- pleasant and pervasive skin condition, My entire back, stomach, and arms are filled with little bumps and blotches that itch and flake incessantly. Can this be treated? I have also developed extreme frozen shoulders which greatly impedes normal sleep because the pain makes it impossible to find a comfortable position, I am worried that I will no longer be able to play tennis I am 62 and was in perfect health before my diagnosis of hashimotos which was determined during treatment for a minor urinary tract infection;
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: hello and thanks for the question. I think it is extremely important that you seek expert advice of additional medical doctors. I think you should ask your doctor to send you to a skilled rheumatologist. These doctors specialize in musculoskeletal conditions. The thyroid condition you have is autoimmune. Autoimmune disorders can be associated with multiple symptoms including musculoskeletal. you have experienced a significant decline in your normal activities of daily living and quality-of-life. I am sure this is very frustrating and can be a source of significant anxiety. I am here to discuss this further with you should you have any additional considerations. Again I think you need to see a doctor who specializes in musculoskeletal disorders as well as rheumatology. This is the investment you have to make in your personal health at this time. Dr. G
People also viewed
- What treatment is suggested for levothyroxine
- What treatment to take for bleeding while passing stool
- I am suffering from sarcoidosis, can i take acthar?
- What is the treatment for skin problem while taking levothyroxin
- What is the treatment for high triglycerides while taking finofibrate
- Is normal dermadew soap good
- Is locoid lipocream used in the treatment of rash ?
- Dermadew soap fair skin
- Dermadew gel for skin
- Can i take visine original for eye dryness/redness?
- Can dermadew soap make skin dry
- Disadvantages of using dermadew lotion on infants
- I am suffering from abortion, can i take mifeprex?
- Can i take fanapt for schizophrenia, disorganized ?
- What treatment should i take for breathing problem