What is the treatment for sinuses?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
I have used a spray all week for my sinuses with no affect what else can I do? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Steam inhalation,saline nasal drops can be used. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You are suffering from chronic sinusitis. For immediate relieve of congestion you can take steam inhalation.It will help you.Long term use of otrivin causes rebound congestion,so it can't be used for long time.You can safely take saline nasal drops. You may also need oral antibiotics or steroids depending upon severity. You should also consult your doctor.You need proper assessment. Cause should be confirmed by imaging and clinical assessment. CT Scan of PNS or MRI can be done to assess the present status.Other routine investigations should also be done. Problem may be due to variety of reasons like infection,polyp,DNS,allergy etc. If it allergic,you should avoid the allergen. If there is indication of surgical intervention,repeat surgery may be required. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX