What is the treatment for severe bacterial infection in the stomach?

Hi. Im battling a severe bacteria infection in my stomach. last 4 days fever: 102, 99, 99 and today 101 heartburn is really painful, even if I drink waster. yesterday went to a walk in clinic and got an injection (rosephin ), was prescribed the following Im not getting better at all.... should I go to emergencies? ciprofloxacyn 500 mg twice/day; promethazine 25mg every 8 hours, omepronazole 20mg one twice day, tramadol 50mg if needed. please advise asap
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: good regimen give time to act, try addon Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to healthcare Magic! You seem to be having severe stomach upset due to gastritis. The regimen of cipro and omeprazole is fine and will be helpful but typically needs about 2days to bring full relief and must be taken at least for 5 days for long lasting recovery. If you still have problems then you may take Xylocaine viscus liquid 10 ml as required for the burning. Liquid syrup Sucralfate may be added for quick relief. If Blood pressure goes low or pain abdomen is aggravated then must go to ER. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!