What is the treatment for rashes on thighs near pelvic area?

Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection, need pictures for confirmation Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. From the description that you have provided, it looks like you have developed some sort of a fungal skin infection. Still I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before we can proceed to the diagnosis. Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also please tell the time duration since when you have these skin lesions? Is there on associated discomfort? Have you been applying any medicine over them? I am sure I would be able to help you more once you provide me the pictures along with the above details. Waiting for your response Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the treatment for rashes on thighs near pelvic area? 14 hours later
I emailed picture. please send response to YYYY@YYYY I really appreciate your help. The scrotum issue cleared up after 1 day of jock itch cream. Thank you Doctor XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection skin Detailed Answer: Hi again I have seen the attached pictures. You have developed tinea infection over the thighs which is a fungal infection of the skin. You need to apply lo antifungal cream containing clotrimazole like a canestan cream over the affected areas twice a day. Do not apply any other cream or oils over the affected area. Wear cotton clothes and undergarments so as to reduce sweating as it tends to exacerbate the skin infection. Use the medicine for atleast two weeks so as to completely cure the infection and prevent any recurrence. Dr Geetika Paul