What is the treatment for persistent numbness due to a ild nerve damage?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Several years ago I was trying to lose weight by riding a bicyce every evning after work and after a year I started to have a num felling in my feet the local MD said that I inguerd my syatic nerve in my croch from riding on a hard bike seat and to stop riding until the numness goes away but it has got better but has never gone away is there anything I can do ???
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Vitamin B 12 supplements. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The persistent numbness due to a ild nerve damage usually improves gradually on its own. You can start taking methylcobalain supplements at least 1500 micrograms daily at night. Avoid sitting on any hard surfaces. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) may help you in case the symptoms are severe and are affecting your normal daily activities. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL