What is the treatment for occasional bleeding from a lump on my butt?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I had a cyst on my but crack and saw a doctor a year ago who drained it and had antibiotics. The lump remained and is now bleeding occasionally and feels wet all the time.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pilonidal sinus. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. This appears to be a pilonidal abscess that you have had drained. You may now have a sinus which is a tract below the skin that may be inflamed, hence the wetness. There is a risk that it becomes infected again. Therefore, I suggest you see a surgeon regarding further treatment. This would usually be surgical excision to remove the sinus. It is a relatively minor procedure and will cure the condition. I hope this is of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB. FRCA.