What is the treatment for lumboischialgia?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Lumboischialgia i.dex.; Hernia disci L5,S1 gradus laevis. The physician said that it is not for surgery and recommends physiotherapy. After the diagnosis I had a chiropractic treatment and I felt better that day. The day after I went on a business trip and severe pains started. When I came back the pain remained and I started with physiotherapies. After the fourth treatment I received severe pains and numbness in the right leg especially in the hip area, my leg blocked and I could hardly move. The physician gave me 5 injections Ambene perental, analgetig/antireumatic, one on every second day. Until now, I have done 20th physical Therapies and 5 chinesyterapi, but the pain still exist. The doctor advised my to get Diprofos injections straight in Ischiadikus. What do you think about it?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sangeet 4 hours later
Hello Menovski,

Please provide me the following details so I could help you better.
- Your age.
- How long has it been since the onset of symptoms?
- Do you notice any weakness in your legs?
- Any bowel/ bladder trouble?

Kindly get back to me as I will be available to follow up your queries.

Thank you.