What is the treatment for laryngopharyngeal reflux when suffering from GERD?

ENT Specialist
I will see a our ENT specialist next month for what i am pretty sure will be LPR in the throat as i have Gerd.Since i have had the LPR symptoms in XXXXXXX 2013 i also developed some muscle pains in the back lower neck that don't respond well to physio and massage therapy (i.e feels good shortly after treatment and then next day comes back).Also my upper spine in the neck and just below makes more crackeling noises and is less flexible.Maybe it's normal at 57 but this all happen so suddenly with LPR that i have serious concerns.Is it the ENT specialist that looks at these neck issues to ensure there is no tumors,cancer,etc...or is it the GP?When should the doctors start being concerned? Thx. XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: ENT specialist looks at these neck issues Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query; it suggests that you may be suffering from the laryngo pharyngeal reflux. For you kind information---> Otolaryngology is the study of ear, nose, and throat conditions. It is also referred to as Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery or Otorhinolaryngology. Physicians specializing in otolaryngology are called otolaryngologists or "ENT doctors”. Patients often seek treatment from an otolaryngologist for ear, nose, and throat conditions include surgery, sinus infections, age-related hearing loss, and cancers of these regions. Therefore better to consult the ENT specialist instead of GP in neck issues. For LPR with medication you may also go for the life style modifications such as- Cut out caffeine, avoid chocolate and mints, avoid alcohol, quit smoking, eliminate fried, fatty, and spicy foods from your diet, lose weight, stop eating at least 3 hours before going to bed if you have and elevate the head of your bed 4-6 inches. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Wish you good health
Follow-up: What is the treatment for laryngopharyngeal reflux when suffering from GERD? 9 hours later
Thank you.Is it common to have neck issues (either muscular or bone) to go with the LPR? I have done the lifestyle changes and the ppi's are giving me significant side effects so i am looking for a natural approach to solve GERD/lpr.I have reduced to 1 ppi/40mg per day and would like to get out of them.The second pill for 2 months was not producing any significant changes. Any suggestions on how to get off them? XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Not common to have neck issues to go with LPR Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your follow up query. For your kind information, it is not common to have neck issues to go with LPR. Best way to get off them is the strict life style modifications. Wish you good health