What is the treatment for itchy white spots on foreskin appeared after circumcision?

Jan 2014

i am 27 168 cm and weight just 65kgs, i am un circumsized some months ago i have very itchy fore skin in my penis and now that made me scratching that part of th foreskin after 2-3 days later i saw a white spots on that part of the itchy fore skin and now it is 8 months i have that spot and it is some times very itchy and some times it is slight pinkish white so suggest me that i can do to remove that spots
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Fordyce spots is one possibility Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in to XXXXXXX I would like to know whether the white spots which are bothering you are on the skin side of foreskin or on the under surface of fore skin? White pin point or pin head sized whitish spots on the undersurface of foreskin are commonly present in a few people and are actually ectopic sebaceous glands (Fordyce spots) because that area is devoid of hair follicles. They are usually asymptomatic but itching is subjective in individuals. Nothing actually needs to be done for Fordyce spots. But if they are bothering you then they need to be removed either by Radiofrequency of CO2 laser under local anesthesia. take care regards Dr. kakkar
Follow-up: What is the treatment for itchy white spots on foreskin appeared after circumcision? 24 hours later
yes dr.kakkar it was under surface of the foreskin and it is not like small one but it covered below the head and a small part of it was at the front surface. and after it becomes wet it is very itchy and no other problem i was some times stinks so suggest how to remove that spots. Dr.Kakkar you don't mistaken that as said by me it was spot but it is like a white cheesy surface which is itchy and it is under the XXXXXXX where some wet precums accumulate i took care of the hygine but it was not removing so what to do thanks & regards thanks
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks for Clarification. Detailed Answer: Hi. Ok. Thanks for clarifying. The chessy accumulation is actually smegma which can get accumulated in the crevices. It can cause some irritation to the surroundings and thus itching OR sometimes their is a mild superinfection with candida(fungus). I would advice that you soak that area in warm water (Sitz bath) for 3-4 days to make it soft and then try removing it gently with a wet washcloth. Do it for 3-4 days regularly and don't try to forcefully remove it in a single day. Along with that you can apply a topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole+Beclomethasone cream which is available OTC for 5-7 days. I think that should make it fine. Take care regards Dr. kakkar
Follow-up: What is the treatment for itchy white spots on foreskin appeared after circumcision? 11 hours later
OK very very thanks doc i was very relieved that there were no major issues and as stated by you i had follow the treatment of, washing with warm water and mildly cleaning it with cotton cloth and it works, i had found that the patches now becomes pinkish in color but after it dries up i.e after 3 to 4 hrs later it becomes white again but this time not milky white but brownish white. Further, for a safer side if you want i can send you the pics of the affected area as it will made me sure. thanks & regards XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes can send pics. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Don't clean it very harshly, be very gentle plus you don't have to do it in a single day. Do a little bit everyday after soaking in warm water for a few minutes. You can send me pictures. Use the site's uploader to upload pictures. take care