What is the treatment for high fever and swelling on face?

My mother's esr is 75 as shown in her blood test .She is suffering from jogrens syndrome.St present she is having 202 fever with swelling on her face please advise
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that ESR is very non specific marker , it can be raised either due to activity of sjogrens syndrome or by the infection possibly that has lead to fever . If she is on some drugs like steroids for immunosupression the chances of infection increases . Swelling on her face may be due to parotid gland enlargement that occurs as a part of sjogrens syndrome . I will advise you to get her checked for ruling out infection that is giving rise to high grade fever . All autoimmune disease may undergo a flare when there is any kind of infection so treating the infection will be the best option to control the disease. Take care. Dr. Shruti