What is the treatment for head lice?

I was in new orleans,la.over new years week. Tried on several hats while there. Brought back home with me head lice. Did the nix treatment on Thursday evening went through hair with the lil plastic comb took my husband 2 and 1/2 hours to do this. Cleaned all bedding cloths everything. Was getting ready to go to work this morning went through hair again and found several more. I am having a complete tizzy. Have just done the whole process again just today. What else can I do???? Frustrated and disgusted.
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Be patient til improvement;don't share comb&clothe Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your frustration and disgust you have while still finding head lice. However, you should have patience, as head lice can be repeated as happened in your case. This means that the nix-treatment you had was not effective enough to kill all head lice or the hygienic measures you took were not sufficient to kill the lice. If the second treatment you had would not show efficacy within the next week, then, I suggest to consult your physician to start prescription medicines. Furthermore, I'd advise to: - wash your clothing and bed shits with hot water to kill lice eggs - keep everything clean in your house - although both of you (together with your husband) are being infected, I'd suggest not to share the comb or other clothings to avoid re-infestation until both of you are fully recovered. Hope the second treatment will be successful for both of you! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!