What is the treatment for frail optic nerve and high eye pressure from oral cort?
User rating for this question
my 38 year old daughter has advanced uveitis starting at age 20. she has undergone numerous cortizone implants, surgeries for cataracts and glaucoma. right now her optic nerve is very frail and she has high eye pressure from the oral cort and used medical pot to lower the pressure but its not low enough. scheduled for surgery AGAIN XXXXXXX 2 and could lose the eye. she is flying into the dc area from california tomorrow. help!
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Secondary glaucoma. Detailed Answer: My Dear, Thanks for sending your query to us. Primary importance under the circumstances is to control iop as raised iop may lead to irrepairable nerve damage. After the glaucoma surgery anti inflammatory treatment will continue to control uvitis. Go ahead with the surgery and do contact us in case of any further query in this regard.
People also viewed
- Pinched optic nerve treatment
- Treatment for optic nerve damage
- Headaches with macular edema
- What is the treatment for optic nerve damage
- Treatment for optic nerve tumor
- Hands red swollen skin flaking off
- Headache shaky and blurred vision
- Tanning bed while on synthyroid
- 18 months old baby suffering from cold and chesty cough
- Why is the motion color green of my child
- Headache light sensitivity red eyes
- Why is my tummy hurting
- Treatment for optic nerve damage in the eye
- Hepatitis a symptoms eye infection
- What can be done for fungus on penis