What is the treatment for frail optic nerve and high eye pressure from oral cort?
User rating for this question
my 38 year old daughter has advanced uveitis starting at age 20. she has undergone numerous cortizone implants, surgeries for cataracts and glaucoma. right now her optic nerve is very frail and she has high eye pressure from the oral cort and used medical pot to lower the pressure but its not low enough. scheduled for surgery AGAIN XXXXXXX 2 and could lose the eye. she is flying into the dc area from california tomorrow. help!
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Secondary glaucoma. Detailed Answer: My Dear, Thanks for sending your query to us. Primary importance under the circumstances is to control iop as raised iop may lead to irrepairable nerve damage. After the glaucoma surgery anti inflammatory treatment will continue to control uvitis. Go ahead with the surgery and do contact us in case of any further query in this regard.
People also viewed
- Dolo vs crocin
- Pinched optic nerve treatment
- Eye drops for infection
- Treatment for optic nerve damage
- Optrex infected eye ointment
- Home facial mole removal urine therapy
- What is the treatment for optic nerve damage
- Surgical third nerve palsy
- Duphaston vs primolut
- Treatment for optic nerve tumor
- Dangers of eye drops
- Eye drop side effects
- Lupus and the morning after pill
- Treatment for optic nerve damage in the eye
- Ondem vs metoclopramide