What is the treatment for echoic lesion and will it affect my married life and conception?

May 2013
What is the treatment for 2.2*2.4 cm hypo echoic lesion noted along the left lateral wall? I'am getting my period earlier than usual. Will it affect my married life? Can I use birth control tablets in future? Will i face any problems to conceive?
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibly fibroid Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The lesion you mentioned could be a intramural fibroid. Treatment options of fibroids depends on size, symptoms, age, parity etc. As fibroid is of smaller size, you can try medical treatment. Using hormonal pills for few months can decrease the size of the fibroid. Fibroids can lead to menstrual irregularity sometimes. Usually menstrual cycle with 21 to 35 days duration can be taken as normal. If your fibroid is causing any menstrual irregularity, hormonal pills can rectify that. Sometimes fibroids can affect fertility by leading to irregular periods, defective implantation etc. It may not affect your marrietal life. Once you complete treatment for fibroid, you can plan for pregnancy. Usage of contraceptive pills for limited period like 1 to 2 years may not cause major problems. For more details : Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for echoic lesion and will it affect my married life and conception? 19 minutes later
Can I use medication to pre pone or postpone my periods in the coming two-three months, as I have my marriage on January 19th followed by honeymoon. What are the medications to be followed for this purpose? When should I start?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Purpose of tablets Detailed Answer: Hi, Please clarify whether you want tablets only to prepone or postpone the periods, or for the contraceptive purpose also? Take care.