What is the treatment for bruised hand and why am I having numbness and stiffness in fingers?

I hit my left hand on a steering wheel three months ago. Initially hand was bruised and sore. My ring finger still has pain. If I apply any pressure to the top or sides of the knuckle area or massage it is associated with pain. If I use my right hand to move the left ring finger to the right it is associated with pain but no pain if I move it to the left. If I close my hand and gently apply pressure at the first bend area of my ring finger it is associated with pain. The finger I have notice gets stiff and numb at times, particularly at night when sleeping. I never sought medical attention but now am concern about the continue pain. Have I sprained or cracked my finger?
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that in my opinion there i no need to worry , since there was no associated swelling there is less likely possibilty that you cracked your finger . Whenever a muscle or joint is injured it is going to take time to heal and pain may continue for long if you dont take antiinflammatory drugs . Coming to your numbness in fingers the nerves supplying sensation to fingers is located upwards in hands so it is not possible to have this injury to damage it . It could be just incidental . If this is bothering you seek medical attention , you will need some antiinflammatory drugs for healing and relieving of pain like Naproxen etc . whatever your doctor feels is the best for you . Take care. Dr. Shruti