What is the tratment for severe headache?

having severe headache, today i had taken head bath, and this is become a regular , even during the winter season. Pls advice
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Manisha Gopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Explained below, need few details Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Welcome to HCM! Hope you are doing good. I have read your question and can understand that you have problem of headache, which is now becoming a regular feature. First of all, I would like to tell you that severe and chronic headaches are amongst the commonly seene cases, and with proper diagnosis and medicine they are completely managed. So, you donot need to worry. There are few basic things one needs to know before treating a case of headaches--- 1. duration of headache when it comes, the frequency in a week? 2. type ( burning, stabbing, or, dull constant, pulsatile, ect.) and location on head or forehead, or half head? 3. what medicine or pain killer you take for it ( wether effective or not) 4. are you having high blood pressure/ thyroid/ any it her medical problem? 5. if there are associated symptoms- nausea, ghabrahat, difficulty with light or sound , when you have headache?? I can assure you that once diagnosed, headache is easily managed. Also, for a episode of bad headache, I go for naproxen sodium and domperidone combitpbation in my patients! it works well...Or if a person has very severe, then injection. voveran with some antiemetic is quite helpful.. So, please answer the above questions and I can help you better. wish you good health and a happy new year! Dr. Manisha Gopal.