What is the the cause for sore bumps in tail bone region?

Jan 2014

I have two bumps under my skin by tailbone on both sides and they have been sore since they appeared and i dont know what they are?
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 minutes later
hi. Thanks for posting at HealthcareMagic. Seems to be bacterial infection, Furuncle i.e boils. If i were your treating doctor i would have put you on oral antibiotics for a week(One from the penicillin/cephalosporin group). You can get a prescription from your local practitioner. Topical mupirocin ointment twice daily for 5-7 days. OTC pain killer like ibuprofen would help you overcome pain take care
Follow-up: What is the the cause for sore bumps in tail bone region? 10 minutes later
I massaged them last night because i didnt know what to do and they went down but when i woke up they were swollen and bleeding what about that? Theyre down a little but still bleeding?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Oral and topical Antibiotic Detailed Answer: Hi. They must have burst open. Still need to take a course of oral antibiotic to resolve the infection. Massaging might push the infection deeper. Instead you can apply dry heated towel for pain relief, if the pain is bothering. OTC antiinflammatory like ibuprofen 400mg once OR twice daily. I would strongly advice a week of oral antibiotics (Penicillin group e.g Amoxycillin). Get a prescription from your local practitioner. Apply Mupirocin 2% ointment twice daily. Its available OTC take care regards