What is the safest method of terminating a one month old pregnancy ?

hi. i m XXXXXXX from kochi age-28 height-150cm i have get pregenent(one mounth) now but i dont want baby now.because already have child of 8mounth. what can i do please suggest me.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 23 minutes later

Since you are only one month pregnant. You may consider medical termination of pregnancy.

Pills are quite effective and are commonly considered for abortion. They are relatively safe too. They are considered for pregnancy of less than 9 weeks.

RU-486 is a abortion pill. It is approved by FDA for its use as a abortifacient. They are prescription drugs. A gynecologist can prescribe it to you. They are not recommended in case of medical conditions like heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, asthma, bleeding problems or when fitted with a IUD.

WHO considers it to be a effective way in terminating pregnancy. Also the risk of infection and maternal mortality rates are very low.

It is found that 95 out of 100 women achieved abortion successfully.

It is also cheaper and less invasive option.

I suggest you to initially consult a obstetrician / gynecologist and go for this through her monitoring.

Hope I have answered your query. Should you have any more doubts, I will be available to discuss them with you.