What is the root cause for continuous cold due to bacterial allergy what is the remedy?

Feb 2013

my 2 year old is having cold continuously. from time to time, she is given antibiotics, due to bacterial allergy because of stuffy nose. we did adenoid xray and she does not have adenoid. she is on montec lc kid for the past 4 months, and not we give he budecord nebulisation. still the cold is continuing and slowly its getting intesed. can you guide me, what could be the root cause. the doctor says as viral,but will that happen throught the year?
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: this type happens with allergic causes. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Most of the colds in children are due to common cold which is a viral infection. If there are no features of secondary bacterial infection, , antibiotics are not required. Cold throughout the year may be due to frequent and repeated episodes of common cold or due to presence allergies in the child. Allergies such as allergic rhinitis or food allergies will cause continuous cold in children. Therefore I suggest you to monitor the child for presence of any allergic tendency, allergic rhinitis or any food allergy. Avoid the exposure of the child to general allergens such as smoke, dust, mite, pets, perfumes, sprays, cold air, paints, and other known specific allergens. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.