What is the permanent solution to cure itching rashes on thighs and other body parts?

Dear Doctor , Past one month , I get itchy rashes in the evening and night , at different parts of body mainly in the thighs, gleutal region hands shoulders etc , Went to dermatologist , he precribed antihistamine and a lotion for ext application , the day when I miss the medicince, I get rash again in current night...any permanent remedy please..
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is an allergic rash, which requires evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. You are apparently suffering from recurrent urticarial which is due to allergy. The commonest allergies causing urticarial rashes, are - pollens, dust mite, molds, fog etc. - exercise-induced - Chemicals such as creams/lotions, cosmetics, oils etc; synthetic fabrics; DRUGS/MEDICINES. - Food allergies, particularly to seafood, peanuts and several other foods. - Thermal (changes in temperatures); - pollutants, humidity, fog, cold; or, - Certain infections, such as, worm infestation and microfilaria. AVOIDANCE/ treatment OF THE CAUSATIVE ALLERGEN will render permanent cure. Identification of the causative allergen can be made by principle of exclusion. Stop- ONE AT A TIME- items (which you started using just prior to onset of rashes) such as any specific food item, synthetic clothes, drugs, chemicals or cosmetics. Further, get yourself evaluated to identify a medical condition responsible for rashes. Get your blood tested for CBC, Absolute Eosinophil Count (AEC), Blood exam for IgE levels; parasites, particularly microfilaria (filariasis is common in coastal regions); Stools for evidence of worms in the intestine. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. In the meanwhile, take a deworming course and continue with anti-histaminics and, if required, steroids in low dose, till such time the test reports are available. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal