What is the right dosage of mucolite+maxtra drops for a baby suffering from cold and cough?

my baby is 6 month old. suffering from cold and caugh. having light temperature. have been prescribed with mucolite+maxtra drops. what is the right dosage?
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX For a 6 month old baby, Mucolite is to be taken in the dose of 7.5 mg twice a day. If it is in the syrup form, you can tell me the concentration of the syrup and I would let you know how much to take. Maxtra has two components chlorpheniramine maleate and phenylephrine. Phenylephrine is usually not prescribed for babies less than 2 year old, thus its dose is not available. Since Maxtra has been prescribed by your doctor, it may be given in the dose of 1.5 ml twice a day. Both of these preparations should be taken only if symptoms of cough and cold are present. Thus it may not be taken continuously. Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee