What is the remedy for bacterial vaginosis?

i have had several bouts of bacterial vaginosis.can't seem to get rid of it
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
Having treatment for vaginal discharge multiple times without being relieved of discharge is distressing. Bacterial vaginosis is usually associated with super added fungal infections and if not treated vigorously is notorious for recurrence. A common reason of recurrent infections is simultaneous improper treatment of the partner which keeps on reinfecting the female partner repeatedly.
A vaginal swab culture sensitivity will be helpful in determining the antibiotic which will be most suitable for your infection.
Regarding the treatment you can do the following things-
1.Avoid irritation of the genital organs caused by various factors such as dirt, soiled under garments, intestinal worms and excessive mental stimulation of sex or masturbation.
2. One of the things you can add to your daily diet to treat a discharge is a banana that is dipped in clarified butter or ghee. This should be eaten with breakfast and lunch.
3. Increase your intake of cranberry juice. This juice has quite a number of properties that are good for women and drinking this juice helps with the treatment of recurrent vaginal infections.
4.You might have to take antifungal drugs orally along with these remedies to get relief.
I encourage you to consult a OBS-GYN who can guide you through the required test and proper treatment needed.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.