What is the remedy for a bad throat?

Hi, I have a bad throat. It's hurting a lot. This even happened on last saturday and I took erythromycin (500mg) - 2 dosage in a day for 3 days continuously and I felt better. But today again, I am experiencing the same. Can you please help me?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Acute Pharyngitis Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. It seems you are suffering from Acute Pharyngitis. This is usually a self limiting condition but if you have fever , you may require antibiotics. Since you have already taken Erythromycin , i would not recommend you to take any antibiotic further. It is your 5th day of illness and if you are still having high grade fever , i would recommend you to take antibiotic as advised below. I advise you following measures : 1. Anti Allergic Tablet like LCZ Cold twice daily. 2. Warm Saline Gargles. (You may add 2 tablets of Aspirin in lukewarm water for acute relief in throat pain). 3. Consume lot of Hot Liquids like Soups , Tea. 4. Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg , if you are having fever or bodyaches. 5. Tablet Augmentin 625 mg thrice daily , if you are having high fever. You will be fine in next 3-5 days. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. You may discuss with your doctor regarding my opinion. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD