What is the recovery period after carpal tunnel surgery?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had carpel tunnel surgery 2 weeks ago. MD told me I would be out of work a month or two, but then told me today I could go back to work tomorrow with no limitations. I am a nurse and have to do a lot of lifting patients and opening medicine bottles, etc. Could he have me mixed up with another pt? It all happened so fast today that I did not question him.
Posted Sun, 3 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 30 minutes later
After a carpal tunnel surgery, since all the adhesions have been removed surgically, there is no harm in resuming your daily duties after two weeks.
If there is no swelling in the area and you can do the activities without much pain or discomfort then you can safely resume your duty.
Before the surgery it is difficult to predict how long will it take for the patient to recover. So please do not worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.