What is the recommended dose of Prazosin for PTSD treatment?

What is the starting dose recommended for prazosin when used in older adolescent with nightmares related to recovery from PtSD?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: 1mg, check with your doctor if it is safe for you Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about PTSD. I understand how troubling this can be. I hope this drug gets to offer great relief for your nightmares. The recommended starting dose is 1mg. Depending on your response to treatment, it would be monitored and adjusted accordingly. This drug also drops the blood pressure. I will advice that you meet with your treating doctor for examination to make sure it is safe to take this drug. Also, he would follow up with the monitoring to ensure that the dosage is adjusted in relation to your response to treatment. Beside drugs, psychotherapy can help to get over your symptoms. Please, consider getting a psychiatrist on board to help you with this. I hope this addresses your query fully. Feel free to ask for clarifications and more information if need be. I wish you well. Thanks for utilizing our services, we very much appreciate it. Dr. Ditah, MD.