Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the reason for yellow discharge from penis which hurts while urinating?

Urologist
Question
I have a yellow subtance coming out of my penis every now a than, and it hurts when I urinate. I haven't had sex in a while, but I do masturbate at least once a day. What can this be, and what would be the best way to treat it?
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Smegma or sexually transmitted infection-------- Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. It could be either accumulated smegma or urethral discharge from STI. Kindly get examined to look for tight foreskin and accumulated smegma. If the above is absent, then battery of tests needed to rule out STI are needed. The above two are the possible causes. So, kindly get early advice from your doctor and get well soon. Truly,

Follow-up: What is the reason for yellow discharge from penis which hurts while urinating? 28 minutes later
what exactly is STI?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: STI= sexually transmitted infection. Detailed Answer: Sexually transmitted infection.

Follow-up: What is the reason for yellow discharge from penis which hurts while urinating? 7 hours later
what can I take until I see a doctor? what affects does it have in the future?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You may clean the penis at bath by retracting. Detailed Answer: Welcome back. Effects depend on the reason or the cause. If smegma,you may just need to retract the foreskin and clean with soap and water daily at showers, if that is possible. If sexually transmitted disease, you need appropriate treatment based on the diagnosis made after physical examination and the results of the laboratory tests. Truly,