What is the reason for swollen tongue with black and blue color on each side?
User rating for this question
I have a swollen tounge with black/blue on each side
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could be caused by allergies? Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this tongue swelling. From the description you have provided, I am concerned this could represent and allergic reaction manifesting as angioedema. This can be caused by allergens in food, environment, etc. If it is mild and you have no difficulties breathing, the trying some Benadryl or zyrtec would be very helpful. However, if you have breathing difficulties, you would need to visit the emergency room for appropriate management. Are you taking any drugs like Lisinopril, captopril, etc for high blood pressure? IF this is the case, please talk to you doctor and consider stopping them. Also, try to find out if there is any suspicious cause that you may want to avoid. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications is need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- Is there any good neurosurgeon for pituitary micro adenoma
- What is the cause of yellow and swollen tongue
- How to get rid of crystal meth body odor
- Having sharp pain in the middle of stomach
- Swollen tongue ulcer with black dot
- How to get swollen feet down during 8th month
- Is swollen tongue a side effect of toradol?
- Swollen tongue on right side what could be the reason
- Swollen tongue black papillae
- Strange spot that keeps swelling and getting tight
- I am suffering from leg cramp and i feel dizzy
- How to overcome from pimples n marks
- How to fix bad vaginal discharge taste
- Fever body aches turned into horrible back aches
- How to get rid of tailbone pain fast