What is the reason for pain and bruising in upper thigh?
User rating for this question
I noticed pain in my upper thigh a few day ago i did not bump it against anything. when i pressed on it i felt a knot. i thought the pain would go away but over the past few days the pain has spread down my thigh and to my leg and there is bruising. what is going on.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hematoma collection or benign swelling Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history it looks swelling of soft tissue which is hard in consistency. According to your history there is possibility of hematoma collection or benign swelling around thigh. If swelling is not reducing I will advise you to further investigate for the cause of swelling[knot]. I will advise you to do MRI and Ultrasound of the swelling. If its collection or benign mass it can be excised. Till time you can take anti-inflammatory and antibiotic if infection is suspected. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- What causes knots and pain on upper thighs
- Sleep lines on forehead
- Food poisoning skin rash
- Foul-smelling mucus in stool
- Foul smell with period
- Reason for lump bruise and pain in thigh without injury
- Painful rash upper thighs
- Deep thigh bruise excruciating pain what to do
- Food trapped in throat
- Regular mild meth user rib pain
- Surgical steel metatarsal plate
- Sore stiff neck and meth
- Nodule under second metatarsal and snapping
- Sore near upper thigh, no bruise but a pain
- Pain where metal plates are