What is the reason for dull pain on my left rib below my left breast and what should be done?

hi doctor I'm a 27yo male slightly overweight. I have a swelling/dull pain on my left rib below my left breast if feeling it, it seems like something moves around maybe cartilage? I have had this for a cpl months along with really bad indegestion(now on 40mg of nexium twice a day) my family doctor doesn't seem to think it is anything but the other night after dinner I got a really sharp stabbing pain in the same spot. Which only lasted a few seconds. I have had an ecg and an exercise stress test to rule out anything Cardiac have also been to the er for it a while ago and they just did basic ecg, chest x-ray and blood work to rule out Cardiac as well.. Everything both times came back good. I'm just really curious what this could be and is there any type of specialist I could goto that would take it seriously.. My mother had non XXXXXXX lymphoma when she was my age and I don't like playing around with my health thanks
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Will benefit from more investigations... Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Pain from the heart is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, relieved by rest, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on. Your symptoms do not suggest Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). A normal Treadmill Exercise Electrocardiogram (TMT) practically excludes it.. If ‘something is moving’, get it examined by a General Surgeon – if anything is palpable, it can be biopsied… A CT chest can exclude problem of the lungs, rib and spine / and can relieve the anxiety / generally not done as a first choice because of radiation exposure A endoscopy can exclude problems of the oesophagus and stomach – necessary because, the symptoms are related to food… If there are no clues, Psychological assessment and assistance may be of help to evaluate the role of psychosomatic pain (muscle spasm) Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless