What is the purple mark in my swollen eyelid?
User rating for this question
Every period i have i get really bad thrush, my eyelid swells up and there is a purple mark on it, and inside my mouth swells.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Changes in hormonal levels Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. During periods, some amount of fluctuation in the hormonal levels can occur. Sometimes that can lead to thrush in some women. The other possible causes for thrush are decreased immunity, diabetes etc. Sometimes autoimmune diseases can lead to purplish marks on face. So, once consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the exact cause for the problem. Go for investigations like blood sugar levels, other serological investigations to rule out autoimmune diseases and decreased immunity. Meanwhile you can take symptomatic treatment with antifungal drugs with doctor's advice. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- Post hysterectomy recovery stages
- Spreading rash on 3 year old
- Children swollen red and purple eyelid
- Do smear tests hurt
- 6 week old very restless
- Post partial hysterectomy symptoms
- Rash on torso of 5 year old
- What is the purple mark in my swollen eyelid
- How is lactate removed
- What is the remedy for a swollen eyelid
- Recurring sore tummy in six year old
- Toddler with swollen purple eyelid
- Dehydrateion purple eyelids swollen
- Red pimples on a two year old
- How to pinpoint ovulation