What is the possible reason and cure for severe pain in heel after resting?

I feel severe pain on my heel (more in right leg) afer sitting or resting for sometime. It is very difficult to fix the foot on the floor or walk just after woke up in the morning or sitting in the office for long time. Could you please advise the possible reason for it and the treatment for it.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Some small modification can make difference... Detailed Answer: Hi, Your description sound like plantar fasciitis to me. Here the tissues holding the arch of foot get strained and damaged due to physical and mechanical factors. Over a period of time you develop pain just as the way you describe. It can be managed with pain killer, right set of shoes (sometimes with special inserts - orthotics) and physiotherapy. A competent orthopedician will be able to plan the right set of treatment from the list mentioned to suit your needs and to help you lead a less painful life. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards