What is the possible reason and cure for severe pain in heel after resting?
User rating for this question
I feel severe pain on my heel (more in right leg) afer sitting or resting for sometime. It is very difficult to fix the foot on the floor or walk just after woke up in the morning or sitting in the office for long time. Could you please advise the possible reason for it and the treatment for it.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Some small modification can make difference... Detailed Answer: Hi, Your description sound like plantar fasciitis to me. Here the tissues holding the arch of foot get strained and damaged due to physical and mechanical factors. Over a period of time you develop pain just as the way you describe. It can be managed with pain killer, right set of shoes (sometimes with special inserts - orthotics) and physiotherapy. A competent orthopedician will be able to plan the right set of treatment from the list mentioned to suit your needs and to help you lead a less painful life. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
People also viewed
- What is recommended to cure severe pain in rib cage
- Lack of breath headaches weakness heart palpitations and back ache
- Is muscle cramps or spasms a side effect of humira?
- Is muscle cramps or spasms a side effect of uloric?
- What causes severe pain in heels
- Is difficulty swallowing a side effect of stribild?
- Labia numbness
- Labium minora why does turn black
- What are the reasons for severe pain after root canal
- Is muscle cramps or spasms a side effect of sutent?
- Itchy bump on my knee
- What is the cure for severe pain in limbs
- Is muscle pain or cramps a side effect of ventolin?
- What is the cure for severe pain in big toe
- Kidney oily urine